1.3.10

Phil Yeh mural

Big things happens in coincidences. I was painting graffiti during the weekend and my friend who is working on Scape called that there are Comic artist from the state wanted to have some collaboration on that exact minute. And when I finally walk there to meet him, I thought it was just a random comic artist, but it was PHIL YEH! as known as the God Father of graphic novel! with his infamous character winged tiger, you can check his official website here 

He was here in Singapore for his mission of Cartoonists Across America & The World, which he had created more than 1800 murals in 49 states and a dozen countries since 1985. The 25 year world tour ends in 2010. And Singapore was one of the lists. Knowing this mission from him, I was too excited to hear it! I can't believe this is happening in instant..for sure.hhh


This is the full wall view
from left to right: Andrew (supervisor of Scape) - one of Singapore comic artist 
- Phil Yeh (Purple shirt) - Linda his girlfriend - ...me - Debra my girl
Me and Phil..ok i know, wrong pose, my girl took it
one of my new character that I did which I will focus on more further
because Phil himself officially name this for me which is BagMan! haha!
Thats kinda cool name for him..
character of Phil's friend which I forgot the name but honestly it is very
familiar in my eyes and brain.. with one of my girl's character and mine

Then after we paint which took around 4 hours, we were so tired and of course, hungry, so we ate dinner together just across the building we painted on. First of all, thank you Andrew the supervisor of Scape for treating us that there are too many food to eat! thank God Phil and I can finish it, hahaha!
 It was so nice of him for sharing a lot of things during this hours - about America, his mission, his journey, life, experiences, friends, thoughts and family. and lots of jokes of course haha.
and thank you for this big chance to have this experience painting mural and be part of Phil Yeh's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment